What are the expectations of someone who cares for senior citizens in the community? After this module, your students will know all about the special problems that come with age and how to address them. The activities develop skills needed to care for an aging family member or nursing home resident. Students may also become more aware of elderly people – and more accepting of them as people of worth.
Work performance benchmarks included.
Also available in an expanded format with an Adapted supplement.
- Interacting with Senior Citizens
- Physical Care and Safety
- Physical Limitations and Sensory Loss
- Process of Aging
- Taking and Recording Temperature
- Taking the Pulse, Respiration and Blood Pressure
- Measuring Intake/Output
- Managing and Administering Medicines
- Planning Activities
- Blood Pressure Cuff
- Medicine Dispenser
- Caregiver Supplies