Explore medical careers that focus on patient care with the activities in this module. Students learn about duties performed and skills required for these positions. The focus of this module is on the direct care of patients – whether in a hospital, nursing home, private home or other health care facility.
Work performance benchmarks included.
- Taking and Recording Vital Signs
- Observing Patients
- Documenting Patient Progress
- Practicing Aseptic Techniques
- Taking/Recording Temperature
- Taking Pulse, Respiration and Blood Pressure
- Measuring Intake/Output
- Patient Nutrition
- Stethoscope and Blood Pressure Cuff
- Transfer Forceps
- Kelly Forceps
- Disposable Masks and Gloves
- Hospital Gowns and Hats
- Instrument Container