Project Discovery is a career exploration and job skills curriculum for students in grades 6-12 and adults in transition.
Students, of all ability levels, can explore many career fields and learn job skills in today’s top industries and trades found in the National Career Clusters Framework, including:
- Agriculture / Greenhouse
- Food Service, Restaurant & Hospitality
- Nutrition / Weight Management
- Life & Social Skills (Cyber / Bullying)
- Beauty, Cosmetology, Hair Care
- Medical Patient Care
- Law Enforcement
- Masonry, Construction, Electrical and Drafting
- Automotive & Small Engine Mechanics
- Transportation / Trucking
- Cleaning & Maintenance
- Health and Medical Records
- Human & Social Services
- Banking / Office / Retail
- Business / Sales / Marketing / Writing / Advertising / Graphic Arts / Customer Service
Prepare students in grades 10-12 and young adults, ages 18-21, for entry-level work with marketable job skills with relevant instruction and hands-on learning.
Train students to be job ready with NOCTI-based skills for popular entry level jobs in areas like Child Care, Retail, Caregiver, Auto Detailing, Office Assistant, and Construction. Competency checklists included.
Enrich student’s Social Skills and Self-Esteem. Help them to understand Conflict Resolution, Friendship Basics and Problem Solving. Discuss topics such as Bullying, Cyberbullying, and Internet Safety.
Help students explore health and nutrition by studying these modules on Food Labels, Healthy Snacks, Planning Healthy Meals, Weight Control & Physical Activity, Healthy Meals on a Budget, Active Recreation and Passive Recreation.
Our Adapted series and alternative assessments will support students with severe and profound challenges.