This Active Recreation curriculum demonstrates the health benefits of being physically active. It is designed to help students learn what active recreation is, how it benefits their health and the many different forms of active recreation. In addition to exploring examples of active recreation, students will learn how to find active recreational opportunities.
- Define the word “recreation.”
- Define the term “active recreation.”
- Explain the benefits of active recreation.
- Identify at least three active recreational activities.
- Describe the process of locating active recreational opportunities and how to access the opportunities once they are located.