This engaging curriculum will help students make better snack choices and learn how to resist the temptation of less healthy snacks. What do students typically grab as a snack when they get home from school? Is it a bag of potato chips ready to be opened, or an apple waiting to be cut up? Healthy snacks are essential for busy students, as they keep their energy level high and their mind alert. This curriculum will explain the difference between snacks with empty calories and snacks that provide nutritional value.
- Define calorie, nutrients, obesity, and empty calories
- Contrast the terms: complex carbohydrates and simple carbohydrates
- List 5 guidelines for avoiding unhealthy snack habits
- List 5 healthy snack options
- Describe how you can resist the temptation of eating unhealthy snacks in your home