Taking precautions in the kitchen to stay safe is a priority. Preventing food-borne illnesses, burns, cuts and falls is important to a safe, clean kitchen. Bon appétit!
- Define “food-borne illness” and “sanitation.”
- Identify three ways that people can become infected with a food-borne illness.
- Explain when to use proper hand-washing.
- Identify two ways to prevent burns.
- Identify four ways to prevent falls.
- Identify four ways to prevent cuts.
- Describe how to store hazardous and toxic chemicals.