Be sure to watch the “Skinny on Being Savvy” video at the bottom of this page!
You get a paycheck and then what? Students will learn to answer this question and more with this multimedia module on the topic of managing personal finances. The concepts covered in this module include understanding aspects of compensation, using a bank account and developing a personal budget.
- Gross versus Net Pay
- Salaried versus Hourly Compensation
- Overtime Rates
- Required and Optional Deductions
- Why Budgeting is Necessary
- Factors to Consider in Making a Budget
- Reasons to Open a Checking Account
- Exercising Caution with Credit Cards
- Developing a Personal Budget