At various points in their lifetime, a student may struggle with being underweight or overweight. Unhealthy weight behaviors are an ever-growing concern for our school-aged population and difficult for many students to talk about. In this module, students will not only learn the difference between underweight, healthy weight, overweight, and obese, but they will learn the importance of physical activity.
- List 5 guidelines for planning healthy meals and snacks
- Explain emotional eating and the relationship to comfort food
- Contrast physical hunger and emotional hunger
- Describe the purpose of a food journal and list the things that should be included
- Define empty calories and give 5 popular sources of empty calories