HANDS-ON transition curriculum to get EVERY student Job Ready and Life Ready!
“ Teachers who conduct hands-on learning activities on a weekly basis our-perform their peers by more than 70% of a grade level in math and 40% of a grade level in science.” National Assessment of Educational Progress.
WORKFORCE READINESS CURRICULUM
Over 400 careers for students to explore! Real life job skills with actual tasks and tools while reinforcing core academic skills. Careers like Greenhouse, Table Service, Hair Care & Styling, Medical Patient Care, Law Enforcement, Masonry, and Medical Records. Work performance benchmarks included.
Train your students to be Job Ready with NOCTI-based skills for the most popular entry level jobs in such areas as Child Care, Retail, Caregiver, Auto Detailing, Office Assistant, and Construction. Competency checklists included.
Health and Nutrition: Students can learn about Food Labels, Healthy Snacks, Planning Healthy Meals, Weight Control & Physical Activity, Healthy Meals on a Budget, Active Recreation and Passive Recreation.
Bullying, Cyberbullying, Internet Safety: Curriculum to stop bullying and empower your students (every student!)
Career Awareness and Career Exploration specifically designed for students with severe and profound learning disabilities. Ideal for students using alternate assessments.
How will Project Discovery Meet My Needs?
- Project Discovery is Research-Based
- Supports Common Core Standards: Language Arts and Math Standards built in
- Work Performance Benchmarks provided
- Ideal Transition Program for Every Student – Students Graduate and Get Jobs
- Ideal for All-Inclusive Classroom
- Ideal as Foundation for Externship Programs
- EASILY and FLEXIBLY implemented
- APPROVED and VALIDATED by the U.S. Department of Education
- CUSTOMIZABLE and SUSTAINABLE
- Activities provided on MULTIPLE FUNCTIONAL reading levels
- Test Scores Significantly Increase
- Reduces Dropout Rates – Model Program for National Dropout Prevention
Ask to see our hands-on kits and transition curriculum!