Recipients of the Auto Detailing (Basic Level) credential have demonstrated concept proficiency and completed the following tasks:
Student demonstrates work ethics/employability skills:
- ___ Reports to work area and dresses appropriately for work.
- ___ Has all supplies needed to perform work
- ___ Starts work promptly
- ___ Asks instructor for assistance if needed.
- ___ Stays on task. (Does not abuse bathroom or water breaks)
- ___ Follows safety rules and demonstrates correct social skills at all times.
- ___ Asks instructor for work assignment if necessary
- ___ Cleans up work area at the end of the period without being asked
- ___ Works cooperatively with others on group projects
- ___ Works independently after being assigned a task
- ___ Accepts constructive criticism
- ___ Notifies school/employer of absence or tardiness
- ___ Accepts and performs additional tasks willingly
Student maintains a safe work environment by:
- ___ Following universal safety precautions
- ___ Storing all equipment, materials and supplies correctly
- ___ Following cleanup procedures at end of the workday
- ___ Performing basic and/or routine maintenance of equipment
Student is familiar with safety concepts and safe work habits.
- ___ Displays a safe attitude when working
- ___ Performs work in a safe manner with out being told
- ___ Identifies potential dangers and understands their consequences in independent work situations.
Student can complete:
- ___ Performs cleaning tasks on vents using Q-tips and dust brushes
- ___ Vacuums seats, floor mats, floor boards and carpets
- ___ Performs thorough dusting and wipe-down of the following interior fixtures with correct solutions according to pre determined procedures:
- ___ Console
- ___ Front dash board
- ___ Gauge faces and pod
- ___ Steering wheel and column
- ___ Shifter handle and boot
- ___ Gas pedal, brake pedal and clutch pedal
- ___ Door panels and door vents
- ___ Rear dash board