Recipients of the Basic First Aid (Platinum Level) credential have demonstrated concept proficiency and completed the following tasks:
1. Define “medical emergency” and “first aid.”
2. Explain the term “consent” in a medical emergency.
3. Describe the “Good Samaritan Law” in a medical emergency.
4. Explain the importance of using Universal Precautions when administering first aid, and list protective equipment for performing first aid.
5. Describe what kind of information can be learned by assessing the scene of an emergency and what steps should be taken.
6. Describe the first aid procedure for a wound or cut that is bleeding.
7. Identify and describe three types of burns.
8. Identify two types of fractures.
9. Identify the first aid procedure for a choking victim and a victim in shock.