Recipients of the Consumer Shopping (Gold Level) credential have demonstrated concept proficiency and completed the following tasks:
1. Discuss the three steps to finding the best buy.
2. Explain the importance of setting a budget when shopping and sticking to it.
3. Discuss how to use coupons and why they are helpful when shopping.
4. Explain why it is important to check prices, even when using a coupon.
5. Define “price per unit” and show how to figure it.
6. Define “cost per serving” and show how to figure it.
7. List four things given on a food label.