Recipients of the Consumer Shopping (Platinum Level) credential have demonstrated concept proficiency and completed the following tasks:
1. List three steps to being a smart consumer.
2. Explain the importance of setting a budget and keeping it whenshopping.
3. List four ways to find coupons, how to use them and why it is important to check prices even with a coupon.
4. Define “price per unit,” state why it’s important when shopping and show how to figure it.
5. Define “cost per serving,” state why it’s important when shopping, and show how to figure it.
6. List four things given on a food label.
7. Explain the order in which ingredients are listed on a label.
8. Define “net weight” and explain why it’s important to know when shopping.