This curriculum offers instruction for students to acquire the skills needed to care for the elderly. Students practice communicating and interacting with seniors and learn about the health issues of the elderly. Through hands-on activities, students will simulate some of the physical impairments of aging.
- Taking Vital Signs
- Administering and Managing Medications
- Monitoring and Protecting a Patient’s Well Being and Safety
- Overseeing Daily Hygiene Practices
- Blood Pressure Cuff and Stethoscope
- Digital Thermometer
- Medicine Dispenser and Pill Organizer