Students gain valuable exposure to many of the tasks of a carpenter’s assistant and begin to understand the basic tools used in this career. Measuring tools, hand tools and both small and large power tools will be utilized. Continued training is available through Carpenter’s Helper-Enhanced Skills.
- Reading Measuring Scales
- Identifying Lumber and Sheetrock
- Identifying Types and Sizes of Fasteners
- Wood Identification Kit
- Hard Hat, Tool Belt and Safety Goggles
- Power Screwdriver, Power Drill and Drill Bits
- Drywall and Various Types of Nails, Screws and Hinges