With this curriculum, students will learn to accept others for who they are and what they believe regardless of their differences in looks or beliefs. Students will learn about stereotyping. Students will also learn that discrimination is when you do not let people fully participate because of how they look, talk, or what they believe. Students will learn to treat others the way they would like others to treat them.
- Define Key Terms (e.g., “Diversity,” “Prejudice,” “Stereotype,” “Discrimination”)
- Provide Examples of a Diverse Work Environment
- Explain the Concept of Stereotyping
- Explain the Law Against Discrimination
- Explain Ways to Embrace Diversity
- Explain What to do if They See Someone Practicing Discrimination or Prejudice