Every food product in a package has one, but what do the food labels really mean? This program is designed to help students learn about the information found on food labels and how it will help them make wise food choices.
- List the Required Information on Food Labels
- Define Key Vocabulary Words such as “Calorie,” “Nutrient” and “Trans Fat”
- Explain “% Daily Value”
- Define Gram and Milligram
- Contrast Terms “Bad Fats” and “Good Fats”
- List Five Other Names for Sugar that Might be Found on Food Labels
- Define “Health Claim” and Give Examples