Recipients of the Danger Of Tobacco (Platinum Level) credential have demonstrated concept proficiency and completed the following tasks:
1. Define “nicotine.”
2. Describe three effects that nicotine has on the body.
3. Describe three symptoms of nicotine withdrawal.
4. List two chemicals found in tobacco products.
5. List five health problems related to the use of tobacco products.
6. Define “secondhand smoke” and describe its dangers.
7. List two health issues related to smokeless tobacco.
8. List three health issues that can affect a baby whose mother smoked while pregnant.
9. Describe two ways to quit smoking.