Recipients of the Food Labels (Platinum Level) credential have demonstrated concept proficiency and completed the following tasks:
1. List the required information on nutrition food labels.
2. Define calorie, nutrient, trans fat, and saturated fat.
3. Explain what ‘% Daily Value’ means.
4. Explain how you can tell which ingredient has the highest amount in the food.
5. Contrast the terms: ‘bad fats’ and ‘good fats.’
6. Define gram and milligram.
7. List the three sources of calories in food.
8. List five other names for sugar that might be found on labels.
9. Define ‘health claim’ and give two examples.