Recipients of the Getting Around (Platinum Level) credential have demonstrated concept proficiency and completed the following tasks:
1. Discuss four methods to find your way around.
2. Discuss four ways to get where you want to go.
3. Explain five steps to follow when asking someone for directions.
4. Describe the way to use a directory to get around a mall.
5. Tell how the telephone can be important in trying to find your way around.
6. Explain why it’s important to know a store’s hours of business.
7. Describe how to use a map to find your way around a city.
8. Discuss the best method of transportation to use to get somewhere.
9. Describe three types of public transportation.
10. Explain the advantages and disadvantages of a taxi, bus and subway.
11. Explain the responsibilities involved in driving a car.
12. Tell why it’s important to allow plenty of time to travel somewhere you’ve never been.
13. Explain what time zones are and why they would affect your travel time.
14. Explain how to manage your time when trying to get somewhere.