Recipients of the Healthy Meals On A Budget (Platinum Level) credential have demonstrated concept proficiency and completed the following tasks:
1. List three main steps to save money on the foods you eat.
2. Describe the steps in making a grocery list.
3. Define calorie.
4. Explain the grocery store design and how to save money by understanding the design.
5. Explain the ‘MyPlate’ food graphic.
6. Define bulk foods and staple foods and give an example for each.
7. Define a) end cap, b) convenience foods, c) unit price, and d) cost per serving.
8. List and describe several ideas in preparing foods that will save money.
9. List five common substitutions that will make foods healthier and cheaper.