Recipients of the Healthy Snacks (Gold Level) credential have demonstrated concept proficiency and completed the following tasks:
1. Define calorie and nutrient.
2. Describe how you can control calories by preparing snacks yourself.
3. List 3 ways to avoid unhealthy snack habits.
4. Explain how to resist temptation to eat unhealthy snacks in your house.
5. Contrast complex and simple carbohydrates and give 3 examples of each.
6. Define caffeine and describe the side effects.
7. Explain why energy drinks, nutrition bars, and granola bars are not healthy choices.
8. List 5 examples of healthy snack choices.