Recipients of the Healthy Snacks (Platinum Level) credential have demonstrated concept proficiency and completed the following tasks:
1. Define calorie, nutrients, obesity, and empty calories.
2. Contrast the terms: complex carbohydrates and simple carbohydrates.
3. List 5 guidelines for avoiding unhealthy snack habits.
4. Explain how you can limit calories and portion size by preparing your own snacks.
5. Describe how you can resist the temptation of eating unhealthy snacks in your home.
6. Define caffeine and describe the side effects and common beverages that contain caffeine.
7. Describe the negative effects of soda, energy drinks, energy or granola bars.
8. List 5 healthy snack options.
9. Describe the best way to get a natural energy boost.
10. List 3 healthy beverages to drink with a snack.