Recipients of the Kitchen Safety (Gold Level) credential have demonstrated concept proficiency and completed the following tasks:
1. Define “sanitation” and its importance.
2. Define “food-borne illness”.
3. Describe the importance of hygiene and hand washing.
4. Identify two ways to store food properly.
5. Identify six ways to prevent falls, cuts, and burns.
6. Describe two ways to be safe with appliances.
7. Describe common kitchen chemicals and how to handle them safely.
8. Describe how to be prepared in a kitchen emergency.