Recipients of the Kitchen Safety (Platinum Level) credential have demonstrated concept proficiency and completed the following tasks:
1. 1. Define “food-borne illness” and “sanitation.”
2. Identify three ways that people can become infected with a food-borne illness.
3. Identify three ways to stay safe in the kitchen.
4. Explain when to use proper hand-washing.
5. Identify three symptoms of a food-borne illness.
6. Identify two ways to properly thaw food.
7. Describe two ways to prevent food-borne illnesses by proper food storage.
2. 8. Identify two ways to prevent burns.
9. Identify four ways to prevent falls.
10. Identify four ways to prevent cuts.
11. Describe how to store hazardous and toxic chemicals.