Recipients of the Kitchen Tools (Gold Level) credential have demonstrated concept proficiency and completed the following tasks:
1. Identify the “Golden Rule” of general kitchen safety and explain why it’s important to practice hand washing in the kitchen.
2. Identify and describe the three danger zones in the kitchen.
3. Identify the different tools used for measuring dry and liquid ingredients.
4. Describe the tools used in the four main kitchen tasks of cutting, peeling, grating and crushing.
5. Describe when to use the following kitchen tools— cutting board, mixer, blender, and food processor.
6. Identify basic cooking and baking equipment.
7. Identify basic safety procedures when using kitchen tools.