Recipients of the Laundry (Platinum Level) credential have demonstrated concept proficiency and completed the following tasks:
1. Describe the most common clothing care labels for washing, drying, and ironing.
2. List the 6 most common sorting groups for laundry.
3. Describe the process of pre-treatment and explain why it is helpful.
4. List and describe the 3 most common wash cycles.
5. Explain how to prepare clothes for washing.
6. Explain how to select the appropriate water temperature.
7. Explain guidelines to follow when adding clothes to washer.
8. Explain the guidelines for using detergent, fabric softener, and bleach.
9. Explain when to use low, medium, and high settings on the dryer.
10. Describe what over drying can do to clothes.
11. Describe how to eliminate or reduce wrinkles in clothing.