Recipients of the Life Skills for the Telephone (Platinum Level) credential have demonstrated concept proficiency and completed the following tasks:
1. Explain how to make a call from a cell phone and a home phone.
2. Explain area codes and when to use them.
3. Give an example of the appropriate way to answer the phone.
4. Explain who pays for the following types of calls:
5. Explain how to find a person’s phone number if there should be two or more similar names.
6. Explain the difference in ‘411’ and ‘911.’
7. Explain telemarketing and why it is important to be cautious in giving any personal information over the phone.
8. Give an example of the appropriate way to leave a message.
9. Describe what to do when you reach a wrong number.
10. Explain how to determine if the line is busy and what to do when you get a busy signal.