Recipients of the Getting Around (Gold Level) credential have demonstrated concept proficiency and completed the following tasks:
1. Describe the three basic types of apartments.
2. Define what it means to have a “furnished” apartment.
3. Define the following terms: lessee, lessor, security deposit.
4. Explain how to decide if you can afford the rent for an apartment.
5. Explain why cleaning is important when living on your own and describe three tips for effective cleaning.
6. Describe five ways to meet new people and get involved in the community.
7. List three tips for being a good grocery shopper.
8. Explain what a budget is and how to make one.