Recipients of the Looking For a Job (Platinum Level) credential have demonstrated concept proficiency and completed the following tasks:
1. State some important considerations to make when beginning a job search.
2. Describe at least 10 different sources for job openings.
3. Discuss why telling people about your job search is important.
4. Explain why persistence and quick follow-up are keys to a successful job search.
5. List the 4 ways to follow-up a job opening.
6. Explain why a personal visit is usually the best way to follow-up on a job lead.
7. Describe how to show a positive attitude when making a personal visit.
8. Explain when writing a letter of application is a good approach to follow up a job lead and be able to write a letter of application containing all the necessary components.
9. Discuss how to make a good impression when using the phone to follow up a job lead.
10. Explain what a third party contact is and how it can help you in your job search.
11. Discuss why keeping records is important in your job search.