Recipients of the On The Job Phone Skills (Platinum Level) credential have demonstrated concept proficiency and completed the following tasks:
1. Understand and explain how a company’s success can depend on its employees’ phone manners.
2. Describe four ways to have a pleasing phone personality.
3. Give four examples of words not to use on the phone.
4. List six steps to use when answering the phone at work.
5. Describe the process to follow when you don’t know the information asked by a caller to your business.
6. List six items that should be included when taking a message.
7. Explain how to be courteous to people “holding” on the line.
8. Explain the steps to transfer a call.
9. List three steps to handle complaints from customers.
10. Explain the importance of limiting personal calls at work.