Recipients of the Planning Career Goals (Platinum Level) credential have demonstrated concept proficiency and completed the following tasks:
1. Discuss why it is important to develop life and career goals.
2. Explain why it is important to plan career goals as soon as possible.
3. Explain five steps necessary to develop life and employment goals.
4. Explain four differences between skilled and unskilled jobs and list examples of each.
5. List at least three ways to get the education and training needed for a job.
6. List at least five ways to learn about a job’s duties.
7. Explain the difference between short and long-term goals and the reason for developing both.
8. Begin planning career goals by completing self-assessment worksheets.