Recipients of the Renting an Apartment (Gold Level) credential have demonstrated concept proficiency and completed the following tasks:
1. Describe the three basic types of apartments.
2. Define what it means to have a “furnished” apartment.
3. Define the following terms: security deposit, utilities, and appliances.
4. Explain how to decide if you can afford the rent for an apartment.
5. Define “house rules” and what they mean in deciding where to live.
6. Define “lease” and what it includes.
7. Explain the importance of paying your rent on time.
8. Define “evicted” and the consequences of breaking a lease.