Recipients of the Sales Tax, Discounts, & Tips (Platinum Level) credential have demonstrated concept proficiency and completed the following tasks:
1. Define “sales tax,” “discounts,” and “tips.”
2. State the purpose of sales tax, discounts, and tips.
3. Contrast retail price, discount, and sale price.
4. Explain what a receipt is and tell what information it includes.
5. List three service professionals who typically receive a tip based on the total bill.
6. List three service professionals who typically receive a tip based on the service rather than the total bill.
7. Describe the accepted tipping range for service industries.
8. Solve practical math problems involving percentages in sales tax, discounts, and tipping.