Recipients of the Skills For Buying A Car (Gold Level) credential have demonstrated concept proficiency and completed the following tasks:
1. Explain the difference between leasing and buying a car.
2. Define the term “co‐signer.”
3. List three ways to pay for a car.
4. Explain why it is important to set a budget you can afford before going car shopping.
5. Explain why it is important to know the value of the kinds
of cars you’re looking for before going car shopping.
6. Describe the types of things to look for and ask about a car’s condition when car shopping.
7. Explain why it is important to take a car that you’re seriously considering buying to a mechanic you trust.
8. Explain what it means to “negotiate” the price of a car.
9. Define the terms “title” and “registration.”
10. List three types of insurance and explain why insurance is important when owning a car.