Connecting Academics to the Real World.
Our programs truly integrate career and technical education with academics as students discover the academic skills needed to perform job tasks. This encourages and motivates students to stay in school and further their education to help reach their goals!
Through Project Discovery, students will use academic subjects to perform the actual tasks of workers in the field, such as:
- the math required to make change, take measurements, or make recipes.
- the science needed to correctly wire a circuit board or grow plants from seeds.
- the reading skills needed to be a child care assistant or carpenter’s helper.
- the problem-solving skills necessary for small engine repair.
- the math and science skills needed in a wide variety of Achieve Life Skills programs such as:
–Managing Your Money
–Sale Tax, Discounts & Tips
–Planning Healthy Meals
Correlated to Common Core, Individual State Standards and Alternate Assessment Standards.
Here’s a sampling of our other correlations:
See How Project Discovery Incorporates Academic Standards.
How Do you Implement Project Discovery in your Daily Classes?