Recipients of the Written Communication (Gold Level) credential have demonstrated concept proficiency and completed the following tasks:
1. Explain why effective written communication is important during the job search and on the job.
2. Explain the four major sections of a resume.
3. List and explain the six parts of a business letter.
4. Explain the purpose of a letter of application.
5. Discuss the purpose of and information to be included in an interview follow‐up letter.
6. Explain how to write effective emails.
7. Discuss the importance of correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation to all written communication.