Recipients of the Basic First Aid (Gold Level) credential have demonstrated concept proficiency and completed the following tasks:
1. Define “medical emergency.”
2. Define “first aid.”
3. Define “consent.”
4. Describe the “Good Samaritan” law in an emergency.
5. Identify one precaution to use in first aid.
6. Describe the first aid procedure for a wound or cut that is bleeding.
7. Identify two types of burns and fractures.
8. Describe first aid procedures for choking and shock.
9. Describe what to do if a victim needs CPR.